– 2 cups long-grained rice
– 3 tbsp oil
– 2 bay leaves
– juice of one lime
– rind of one lime (grated)
– 1″ piece of ginger (grated)
– 1 tsp oil
– 1 tsp pepper powder
– salt to taste
– Soak the rice in water for half an hour.
– Cook the rice in enough water adding salt and bay leaves while cooking the rice. Cook the rice so that the grains are separate.
– Allow it to come to room temperature.
– Mix in the lime juice and the grated lemon rind and keep in a serving dish.
– Heat the oil in a small pan and add the ginger.
– Fry for one minute and mix the ginger and oil into the cooked rice.
– Serve hot.